There are presently no open calls for submissions.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Redefine design to be inclusive, contextual, and impactful. On behalf of the Honor Awards Committee, we look forward to convening and fostering dialogue to include diverse perspectives, undertake intersectional issues, and promote a culture of design that fosters equitable, resilient, and thriving communities.
You play a vital role in showcasing the design leadership and transformative projects in our region, and we encourage you to share your work by submitting to AIA Seattle’s 2023 Honor Awards for Washington Architecture. Here are a few of this year’s highlights:
- We continue to encourage submitters to celebrate the people and place the project affects. Connect with your clients and celebrate the role of all collaborators in contributing to the vision and impact of these projects.
- The Performance Narrative within the 2023 Common App for Design Excellence provides an opportunity for all BUILT submitters to tell their project’s sustainability story as we push toward design that supports climate action.
- Now in its sixth year, we highly encourage submissions to the Research & Innovation category that demonstrate experimentations and discoveries from which we can learn and grow. Research provides safe testing grounds to engage with the extraordinary challenges and crises we face that will ultimately push practice forward.
Join us in celebrating the architecture of our time. Never has design been so critical for bringing us together, sparking change, and serving our communities. This is a platform for recognition of bold perspectives, creative solutions, and compelling stories.
If you have never submitted before or your project has not yet been recognized, this is your moment to redefine design. Download the 2023 Call for Submissions & Guidelines.
— Gladys Ly-Au Young AIA & Rachael Meyer ASLA | Co-chairs, Honor Awards Committee
DATES + DEADLINES
- August 3 — Submissions open
- September 7, 12-2pm — Common App Office Hours w/ the UW Integrated Design Lab
- September 13, 5pm — Early bird submission deadline (prices increase 15% after this)
- September 27, 5pm — Final submission deadline. All submission form(s) and payment must be completed online by this deadline, no exceptions
- October 5 — Submissions posted to the online gallery for public viewing
- November 6 — 2023 Honor Awards Live Event
No fees will be refunded for submissions that are disqualified or incomplete.