There are presently no open calls for submissions.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Expand conversations into action and design. On behalf of the Honor Awards Committee, we look forward to convening with a continued sense of urgency to undertake the intersectional wide-ranging issues we are facing, including a commitment to building more equitable and just futures.
Amid complex, context-driven problems, we need interventions that challenge generic practices and deconstruct unjust and environmentally-harmful systems. We believe architects play important roles in embracing processes of critical reflexivity to foster communities of care.
You play a vital role in showcasing the design leadership and transformative projects in our region, and we encourage you to share your work by submitting to AIA Seattle’s 2022 Honor Awards for Washington Architecture. Here are a few of this year's highlights:
- We continue to encourage submitters to celebrate the people and place the project affects. This includes emphasizing resiliency, describing the project’s benefits to both local and broader communities, and celebrating the project teams that contribute to visioning and building these projects.
- The newly required Performance Narrative within the 2022 Common App for Design Excellence provides space for all BUILT submitters to tell the project’s sustainability story as we push toward design that supports climate action.
- Now in its fifth year, we highly encourage submissions to the Research & Innovation category that demonstrate experimentations and discoveries from which we can learn and grow. Research provides safe testing grounds to engage with the extraordinary challenges and crises we face that will ultimately push practice forward.
If you have never submitted before or your project has not yet been recognized, this is your moment to expand conversations into action and design.
– Catherine De Almeida, ASLA & Gladys Ly-Au Young, AIA | Co-chairs, Honor Awards Committee
DATES + DEADLINES
- August 4 — Submissions open
- September 8, 12:00-1:00pm — Submissions Support Q&A
- September 14, 5:00pm — Early bird submission deadline (prices increase 15% after this)
- September 28, 5:00pm — Final submission deadline. All submission form(s) and payment must be completed online by this deadline, no exceptions
- October 6 — Submissions posted to the online gallery for public viewing
- November 7 — 2022 Honor Awards Live Event
No fees will be refunded for submissions that are disqualified or incomplete.