There are presently no open calls for submissions.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Stay connected, and start a new conversation about design. On behalf of the Honor Awards Committee, we hope you are staying well, taking care, and taking action.
In the midst of a public health crisis and critical reckonings with systemic racism, we are wary to suggest in any simple terms that design solves problems. And yet, we believe in AIA Seattle’s vision of a culture of design that fosters equitable, resilient, and thriving communities. You play a vital role in showcasing the design leadership in our region, and we encourage you to share your work by submitting to AIA Seattle’s 2020 Honor Awards for Washington Architecture. It’s a new year, a new jury, and an expanded audience! Two new things to note this year:
- This year’s live event on November 16 will be virtual, enabling us to broadcast globally the relevance of design in and from Washington State.
- As a part of the submissions form, AIA Seattle is beta-testing the new Common App for Design Excellence, for use in the Energy in Design Award evaluation. This tool is a natural evolution of the Energy in Design Calculator, and an exciting opportunity for all Built submissions to move toward design that supports climate action.
If you have never submitted before or your project has not yet been recognized, this is your moment to connect and start a new conversation about design.
– Ming-Lee Yuan, AIA & Kevin Snook, AIA | Co-chairs, Honor Awards Committee
DATES + DEADLINES
- August 26: Demystifying the Common App: Info Session + Tutorial Webinar at 12:00PM PDT
- September 16: Early bird submission deadline - Prices increase 15% after 5:00PM PDT
- September 23: Final submission deadline at 10:00PM PDT (late submissions not accepted)
- October 8: Submissions posted (anonymously) to the online gallery for public viewing
- November 16: Virtual Honor Awards Live Event (more information available September 23)
No fees will be refunded for submissions that are disqualified or incomplete.